Share a Christmas Card with a Stranger is a fun event where you and your Troll friends around the world can get in touch with each other by sending and receiving greeting cards – and at the same time have the chance to win beautiful prizes.
Step 1: How to get started:
- Log in with your Trollbeads account to register for the event.
- If you don’t have an account, you can get one here.
- When you have registered you will get a personal Troll ID. You have to write your Troll ID on the greeting cards you send. Your Troll ID is what the recipients of your greeting cards will register when they receive the card to receive ticket in the lottery. Read about the lottery below.
- On November 5 you will receive the addresses of 5 Troll friends to whom you will send your greetings.
- If you wish to send and receive more than 5 greeting cards you have the possibility to ask for 5 more addresses. This also means that your own address will be shared 5 more times for you to receive 5 more cards. When participating with 10 cards instead of 5, you will increase your chances of winning in the lottery.
- Find your Troll ID and the addresses of 5 (or 10) Troll friends to send cards to under “My Page”.
- Now, create your own creative greeting cards or visit your local retailer to get 5 free greeting cards to send.
By registering, your address will be given to 5 randomly selected Troll friends from around the world, and these are the people who will write greeting cards to you.
Step 2: How to send a card:
- Make your own creative greeting cards or visit your local retailer to get 5 free greeting cards.
- Write a warm greeting for your Troll friends on each card. Remember to add your Troll ID. If you don’t, the card cannot be registered, and you won’t receive a ticket in the lottery.
- Send the greeting cards to your Troll friends to share the holiday spirit and gain tickets in the lottery. Find your 5 addresses under “My page”.
- Every time one of your cards is registered as received, you’ll receive another ticket in the lottery.
Step 3: When you receive a card:
5 Troll friends have received your address and will send you a greeting card.
- Every time you receive a card, go to “Received a Card?” in the top menu and register the sender’s Troll ID, upload an image of the front page of the card and write a Thank You greeting for your Troll friend.
- Both you and your new Troll friend will receive a ticket in the lottery when you register the received card.
- Check your mailbox - Maybe there is another card for you?
Step 4: About the Lottery:
- When you first register for the event you will receive 5 tickets in the lottery. One for each address you will send a greeting card to.
You can always see how many tickets you have under "My Page".
- Every time one of your cards is registered as received, and every time you register a card, you will also receive one lottery ticket.
- Each day of December we will draw one or more winners who will receive a Christmas present from our collection.
Wishing you all a joyful holiday - and good luck!
By the way…
As part of this event your postal address will be shared with 5-10 other participants, but don't worry - your address will not be made publicly available. Addresses are ONLY available under “My Page”.